We place as much effort on the delivery process, as we do in the front end of the sales process, because at Caplan's we understand how important it is to have a smooth delivery day. Not only do we train our delivery crew to uphold the highest standards, we constantly survey our clients to ensure your home and belongings are treated with care during the delivery process.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Uncrating your freestanding new appliance(s), setting appliance in place and levelling if accessible. This does not include built in cooktops, wall ovens, refrigerators, over the range microwaves (OTR), etc.
- Inspectingyouritem(s)for any possible damage during transit
- Removing external packaging
REMOVING OLD APPLIANCES
- Appliances of the same size, or smaller than the new appliance(s) being delivered, that are disconnected, emptied and do not require a professional “uninstall”, will be removed.
- Only old appliances that are being replaced with a new appliance will be removed.
- This service does not apply to built-in appliances such as wall ovens, cooktops, built in refrigerators, gas appliances, dishwashers and over the range microwaves (OTR).
- If the delivery staff deem removal of old appliances to be challenging, a signed release form will be required. Failure to sign could cancel the delivery.
HOOK UP OF APPLIANCES
- Will be provided with some exceptions (see PREPARATION FOR USE OF YOUR NEW APPLIANCE in Caplan's Delivery Guide)
- You may need to supply some items for appliance hook-up such as electrical cords, hoses and a flexible metallic duct. Existing parts will not be re- used, as it will void the manufacturers’ warranties.
- Appliance hook-up does not apply tobuilt-in appliances such as wall ovens, cooktops, built in refrigerators, gas appliances, dishwasher and over the range microwaves (OTR).
- Fridge door reversal is included (if possible) and must be requested at time of purchase.
YOUR ROLE ON DELIVERY DAY
- Clear path to final location of appliances including any ice or snow on the exterior of your home and furniture, toys, debris etc. on the interior of your home.
- If the dimensions of the doorway, stairs etc. do not allow for the delivery of your product a 25% restocking fee will be charged for any appliances returned.
- An adult at least 18 years old must be present for delivery. If this is not possible please call us to reschedule your delivery.
- Inspect your items to ensure you have all the correct appliance(s) and accessories. Please contact us within 48 hours to report any concealed damages.
For all delivery related inquiries please contact us at 416-767-1655 x202
As appliances are more and more sophisticated and the investment is greater, so is consumer expectation. For the peace of mind and to ensure your appliances lasts for years to come, we strongly recommend considering an extended warranty program. For a minimal cost of a few hundred dollars, an extended warranty program may save customers thousands of dollars towards their appliances and in most cases, the the price of the service contract is usually less than the cost of just one repair.
Some manufacturers do offer their own warranty programs, however customers often purchase extended warranty programs to prolong this period of coverage. On average, our customers select 4 years in addition to the manufacturer's warranty period, but in some cases the warranty period may max out at 6 years.
Caplan's appliances has partnered with Comerco to provide warranty service. For any questions regarding your warranty package or to arrange a service call, please contact Comerco at 1-800-290-9029.